Lawyers for Life's Transitions
205.352.4455 | email@example.comBurton Dunn earned his bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Burton worked in Media Relations and Marketing for the Auburn University Athletics Department and the Atlanta Hawks. He also served as the Campaign Coordinator for Alabama Supreme Court Justice Ralph Cook’s 2000 re-election campaign. Burton currently advises clients on their probate law, elder law and estate planning needs, including Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans’ Affairs, estate and trust litigation matters, mental health issues, guardianships/conservatorships, and adoptions.
Prior to founding 5 Points Law Group, Burton was a senior associate at White Arnold & Dowd, P.C. in their Probate Practice Group, where he was an integral part of the Office of Jefferson County’s General Conservator and Guardian handling the financial affairs and medical care decisions of over 500 wards. Burton is a member of the Alabama State Bar, American Bar and Birmingham Bar Associations. He is an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the National Guardianship Association as well as many different sections of the Alabama and Birmingham Bar Association. Additionally, Burton is a 2013 graduate of the Birmingham Bar Association’s Future Leader’s Forum.
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law (2005), J.D.
- Vanderbilt University (1995), B.A.
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama State Bar – Elder Law Section, CLE Committee (Present)
- American Bar Association
- Bessemer Bar Association
- Shelby County Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- BBVLP Pro Hops Vino, Event Co-Chair (2017)
- Probate Law Section, CLE Chairman (2013); Judicial Liaison (2015)
- Future Leader’s Forum (2013 Graduate)
- Elder Law Committee, Chairman Outreach Committee
- Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP)- Advisory Committee
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- National Guardianship Association, Member
- Alumni Board of the Altamont School (2010-Present), Treasurer (Present)
- Alumni Board of the Advent Episcopal School
- Hand in Paw of Birmingham, Member
- Holy Family Cristo Rey Catholic High School, Advisory Council President
- Cahaba Brewing Company, Co-Owner (2011-Present)
- Certified Delta Society Therapy Dog Team, Burton and German Shepherd Heidi (2006-2009)